Wednesday 2 September 2009

10:10, TT and LSE

On Tuesday I helped a student with a complaint interview, and then caught a train to London for the 10:10 launch. 10:10 is a drive to cut carbon emissions by 10% by the end of 2010, and together with Fabian and Tom I was there to see it launched. So far I have annoyed my housemates by unplugging pretty much everything in the lounge before going to bed (there is no off button on most of the appliances, they seem to only do standby or on!) and taken to turning off my Blackberry over night, so I don't have to charge it so often. I will be also keeping up my record of never owning a car (my lack of driving licence being irrelevant to the importance of this sacrifice of mine). What will you be doing?

Having spent the night in the basic and cheap LSE halls, which were deeply reminiscent of but far more pleasent than my days in Chamberlain (more halls like this please Brum) I attended a planning and training day for the NUS's planned Town Takeover days of action on tuition fees. More information will be coming soon, but if anyone would like the info up front to get involved in planning or delivering, my address is b.jones@guild.bham.ac.uk.

Being rather too tired to watch the West Wing episode I was looking forward to I will now retire to bed.

6 comments:

  1. I personally wouldn't call £100 a week all that cheap. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chamberlain was never a hundred quid a week!!! But good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realise that all your carbon offsetting is being derailed by a chinese businessman whipping small children to make shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attractive part of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in
    accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing on your feeds and even I fulfillment you get admission to persistently rapidly.



    Also visit my web site: Cccam 2.0 9 Zip

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and suggestions and getting debates going- that's why the blog's here!

But if you want to be anonymous, please give yourself a random name rather than leaving it blank.

If you leave the field blank, you'll be listed as "Anonymous", and that makes debates impossible to follow- no fun for anyone.

So get naming! :)