Monday 28 September 2009

A "Typical" Monday

A friend asked me the other day what a typical day with me would involve. I replied, predictably, that there was no "typical" day, but thought to give you an idea of what I do that for each day this week I'd write a blog on my full itinerary. Here is Monday.

I came in at ten to nine to find Sabb Catch-Up had been moved to ten, so I went to my office, caught up on some emails and read the day's Education News on th BBC. I then realised I was block-booked through to three, so went to Spar to buy lunch in advance. Sabb Catch-Up was nice; it's an hour a week we set aside to talk to each other about what we've been up to, what's coming up and just generally get together, as we rarely have a chance to do so in the week.

At eleven I met with Yogi, our outgoing rep on the Graduate School Management Board, to have a de-brief on his year and adress any thoughts he had about the year. This was most interesting and gave me a lot of issues to follow up with regards to Postgraduate education at Birmingham and also within the Guild with respects to how we gather Postgraduate issues.

At eleven forty five I ate a banana.

At twelve I met with two staff who work on the Student Rep system to brief on the upcoming Student Rep Strategy Advisorary Board on Wednesday, and at one I met with two more staff members to discuss said strategy. In between these meetings I grabbed lunch.

At two I left for Muirhead Tower to discuss some problems some students have been having with their courses. They were kind enough to give me a much appreciated cup of tea.

At three I met with Fabian and other Guild staff to discuss the upcoming Town Takeover event, to be held in December. I then took a break, during which time I consumed one coffee and half a bar of Dairy Milk and discussed some Guild matters with Tom Guise.

At four thirty I met with Fabian and the Chief Executive of the Guild to brief for tomorrow's Council Away Day. I then spent ten minutes resolving a health and safety matter.

And now it's six pm, and I'm going to read some papers for a meeting on Thursday and then go home at half past. Stay tuned for more typical days in the life of a sabb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and suggestions and getting debates going- that's why the blog's here!

But if you want to be anonymous, please give yourself a random name rather than leaving it blank.

If you leave the field blank, you'll be listed as "Anonymous", and that makes debates impossible to follow- no fun for anyone.

So get naming! :)